Thought Checks, Stop Thought Techniques to Maximize Your Focus
From the desk of Sam Sterk, Ph.D., CC-AASP
How do you deal with life’s ups and downs? How can you maximize your Focus? What’s the connection between Focus and how can you make more money?
Estimates are that twenty to twenty five percent of our daily time is wasted, whether it be emails, watching television, or talking with people that’s unrelated to your business. This translates to your losing money on a daily basis, money that you could be earning. One of the most important skill is knowing how to maintain your Focus during your work time. If you lose your Focus, you lose your earning money potential. A loss of Focus is closely associated with ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) or ADHD (Attention Deficit with Hyperactivity Disorder) which many people have but are unaware of it. Whether you have these condition or not, there are simple solutions and ways to Re-focus. These techniques can help your daily life have increased Focus which will result in improved self confidence and improved self-esteem.
Have a look at the following ways to have Increased Focus in your life:
- Create daily goals and a check list system. Prioritize these daily goals by listing themnumerically such as 1, 2, 3 etc.
- First identify the negative or tentatively cautious thoughts by just asking yourself, how do I feel right now? Do this several times a day as a thought checks. What am I thinking about right now and how do I feel?
- Next, See a STOP SIGN and tell yourself five times, “I stop this thought.”
- Come up with a positive thought, by repeating something outstanding about you. Repeat this Positive statement five times. “I am very motivated to accomplish my goals. “I will stick to my daily goals.” “I’m ready for this.” “I enjoy accomplishing my daily goals.” You can also repeat, “I have great skills.” Come up with your own Positive statement.
- Close your eyes for a few seconds and visualize yourself with a smile at the end of the day. Pat yourself on your shoulder or arm and feel proud that you’ve accomplished your goals.
In essence by taking a few seconds of your time you can refocus and be much more productive in your daily life. These steps can be taught to clients while under Hypnosis. These steps help ensure greater Focus and being much more productive in our daily life. This also translates into making more money. When you accomplish daily goals you’re both productive as well as ensuring that you’re making more money. Establish your daily goals and then follow the steps mentioned in the above. Do these steps on a daily basis and train your mind to be focused.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call me or contact me by email. I’ll do my best to answer all your questions and concerns.